He covers a lot of ground in this post (as you can imagine for not having reported anything in a long time while working hard on the project). He talks about some neat new functionality and filters added like color curves in others colorspaces, comics colorization, color transfer (from one image to another), website for film emulation (yay!), foreground extraction, engrave, triangulation, and much more.
A short table of contents for the post:
- The G’MIC Project : Context and Presentation
- New G’MIC features for color processing
- An algorithm for foreground/background extraction
- Some new artistic filters
- A quick view of the other improvements
- Perspectives and Conclusions
David may not write as often as I think he should but when he does - he certainly does! :) Head over and check out the latest news on an awesome image processing framework!